Re: Quenya spelling question

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 20, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calya_estel" <petermichelle@p...>
      wrote:

      > If you check my original question it was about tengwar spelling of
      5
      > quenya words,

      If you check the first part of my post, it was about Gildor and the
      composition of Quenya words. It might have been under the subject
      heading of your original question, but the last few posts before mine
      were no longer really about spelling, but the construction of a
      particular verb and someone's reaction to the nature of someone's
      posts. I was writing mostly in response to that latter part - I am
      sorry for not changing the subject heading, but then, those who
      preceded me did not either.

      (Btw) Once the discussion of the verb got to a question of what an
      authentic form might be, Elfling would certainly deal with your
      question. As I said in my post, some people would deal with your
      question before it got to that point too.

      At any rate, I have no complaints about questions of spelling - I
      would not still be a member of this group, and would not continue to
      read these posts if I felt such questions were misplaced here.

      I apologize if anyone took my remark about having an immense
      understanding of phonology amiss. My use of the word immense was not
      meant to be as emphatic as it might have been taken to be. I
      understand, of course, that no one really has a very thorough
      understanding, but I very much trust the posts of several people on
      both this group and on Elfling, and it seems that if someone errs in
      a phonological derivation there is someone else there to point it
      out. I merely meant that it seems that a fair part of those who are
      interested in the languages do not yet have that required
      understanding.

      magno cum sinceritate,

      Astaldil

      ~ Quique viris rapimur, piscibus eripimur ~