Re: [elfscript] Questions about sindarin mode of Tengwar

  • Anna Backström Aceves
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2003
      Thanks a lot to Gildor and Erunámo =)

      Well, it looks very good but I didn't understand anything @_o

      > a symbol called Gasdil did the job, but i personally
      > dont know how it looks.. maybe its not attested, so we
      > just ommit the apostrophe and write just the word
      > without g-

      Where did you read about the Gasdil? If the name is given, perhaps someone
      knows how to writte it or where can we search for more info... Does anybody
      knows?

      > BTW, it's a rather Nordic-sounding name for a
      > Mexican-girl, are you half-swedish or anything?

      Yes, my father is swedish ;)

      Anna "Ninamarth" Backström
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2003
        teithant Anna_Backstrφm_Aceves

        > > welcome.. nice to know about other communities :)
        > > belong to www.tolkien.gr
        >
        > Well, it looks very good but I didn't understand
        > anything @_o

        thats ok.. its in greek.. but it has nice design

        > Where did you read about the Gasdil? If the name is
        > given, perhaps someone
        > knows how to writte it or where can we search for
        > more info... Does anybody
        > knows?

        nowhere... the word appears in DragonFlame.. the
        references tell where it has been attested... butif i
        remember correctly, i've asked before, and nobody knew
        how it looks :)

      • laurifindil
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2003
          > teithant Anna_Backström_Aceves
          >
          > > > welcome.. nice to know about other communities :)
          > > > belong to www.tolkien.gr
          > >
          > > Well, it looks very good but I didn't understand
          > > anything @_o
          >
          > thats ok.. its in greek.. but it has nice design
          >
          > > Where did you read about the Gasdil? If the name is
          > > given, perhaps someone
          > > knows how to writte it or where can we search for
          > > more info... Does anybody
          > > knows?
          >
          > nowhere... the word appears in DragonFlame.. the
          > references tell where it has been attested... butif i
          > remember correctly, i've asked before, and nobody knew
          > how it looks :)

          Appears in DragonFlame?
          Nobody really?

          You should take a look at HOME:7 (Treason of Isengard), if you have
          that in store, for what looks very much as the "gasdil", even if the
          word is not used.
          Don't expect me to give you the page number. ;-)

          Anybody else can contact me in private to have the p. number. ;-)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2003
            teithant laurifindil

            > Appears in DragonFlame?

            yup, thats where i saw that word and its description..
            yes i know it's not the primary source, but since i
            saw it there i thought mentioning it...

            > Nobody really?

            if i remember correctly

            > You should take a look at HOME:7 (Treason of
            > Isengard), if you have
            > that in store, for what looks very much as the
            > "gasdil", even if the
            > word is not used.
            > Don't expect me to give you the page number. ;-)
            >
            > Anybody else can contact me in private to have the
            > p. number. ;-)

            i don't possess HOME:7 anyways.. if i had it i wouldnt
            ask the page number...

            yes, you are into Elvish for c. 20 years and i am for
            7, forgive me for that