Runes

  • evertmouw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      Maybe you like my pages about runes too:

      http://www.elspeet.info/Runescribe/

      have fun
      Evert
    • Larry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
        What did you use for your source materials? My
        understanding runes where difrent for each area, but
        as a basic rule they always hade straght lines for
        carving into stone, that none of the runes hade
        curves. Your "b" looks like a english capital "B" and
        your "TH" rune is curved with a dot inside of it.
        Where did you get those runes from? Are there others
        that use curves?

        --- evertmouw <yahoo@...> wrote:
        > Maybe you like my pages about runes too:
        >
        > http://www.elspeet.info/Runescribe/
        >
        > have fun
        > Evert

        =====
        "Happy Hunting!"

        My web site:
        http://www.geocities.com/boonedale/

        My Robotech game on Yahoo! groups:

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • evertmouw
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
          Curves are used for Swedish runes (on stones). Most other runes are
          straight.

          My php web app at http://www.elspeet.info/Runescribe/ changes plain
          text to the unicode rune table. Which font you use to display the
          unicode values is up to you. unfortunately, I only know one runic
          font based on unicode: the Hnias font (swedish).

          I only use unicode based fonts. Now that runes have got an offical
          unicode table I feel it's important to use it and abandon
          the "mapping to letters" method used by Dan Smith's Historical Rune
          Fonts.

          If someone knows a unicode based germanic style rune font, please
          let me know!

          Evert