Re: tengwar request

  • Verónica
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
      > Depends. Did you want the Quenya spelling, or the Sindarin? And if
      > Sindarin, did you want the full-writing mode or the tehta mode?
      >
      > Cuio mae, Danny.

      I was thinking about Quenya. Someone sent me this
      link "http://tengwar.art.pl/ott/start.php", for which I am very
      grateful. I'd love to get another opinion though if you have it.
    • Verónica
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
        > I was thinking about Quenya. Someone sent me this
        > link "http://tengwar.art.pl/ott/start.php", for which I am very
        > grateful. I'd love to get another opinion though if you have it.

        Just found something else. I compared the results from the link
        mentioned above to the inscription on Gilraen's tomb, which I found
        here "http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_otherinscr.htm#gilraen".
        The first figure appears different, upside down, to a layperson like
        myself. Does anyone know which is correct?
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
          teithant Verσnica

          > The first figure appears different, upside down, to
          > a layperson like
          > myself. Does anyone know which is correct?

          both.. the difference is because of language, and
          therefore spelling.. thats why Dany asked you if you
          want it in Quenya or Sindarin

        • calya_estel
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
            teithant Verónica:

            > > I was thinking about Quenya.

            To spell _Estel_ in Quenya (using the names of the Tengwa) is:
            short carrier with acute accent mark directly above; silme; tinco
            with acute accent mark directly above; lambe.

            Cuio mae,

            Calya Estel
          • Verónica
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
              > To spell _Estel_ in Quenya (using the names of the Tengwa) is:
              > short carrier with acute accent mark directly above; silme; tinco
              > with acute accent mark directly above; lambe.
              >
              > Cuio mae,
              >
              > Calya Estel

              Thank you so much. And my thanks to everyone who helped me out. I
              think it will be around three months until the mural is completed, as
              it is still being designed. I'd be happy though to pass around a pic
              of it when it is completed. My thanks again.

              Verónica