Re: [elfscript] tengwar request

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
      Teithant JadedxxPurity:
      >Could someone help me with writing >"Estel" in Tengwar?

      Depends. Did you want the Quenya spelling, or the Sindarin? And if
      Sindarin, did you want the full-writing mode or the tehta mode?

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • Verónica
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
        > Depends. Did you want the Quenya spelling, or the Sindarin? And if
        > Sindarin, did you want the full-writing mode or the tehta mode?
        >
        > Cuio mae, Danny.

        I was thinking about Quenya. Someone sent me this
        link "http://tengwar.art.pl/ott/start.php", for which I am very
        grateful. I'd love to get another opinion though if you have it.
      • Verónica
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
          > I was thinking about Quenya. Someone sent me this
          > link "http://tengwar.art.pl/ott/start.php", for which I am very
          > grateful. I'd love to get another opinion though if you have it.

          Just found something else. I compared the results from the link
          mentioned above to the inscription on Gilraen's tomb, which I found
          here "http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_otherinscr.htm#gilraen".
          The first figure appears different, upside down, to a layperson like
          myself. Does anyone know which is correct?
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
            teithant Verσnica

            > The first figure appears different, upside down, to
            > a layperson like
            > myself. Does anyone know which is correct?

            both.. the difference is because of language, and
            therefore spelling.. thats why Dany asked you if you
            want it in Quenya or Sindarin

          • calya_estel
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
              teithant Verónica:

              > > I was thinking about Quenya.

              To spell _Estel_ in Quenya (using the names of the Tengwa) is:
              short carrier with acute accent mark directly above; silme; tinco
              with acute accent mark directly above; lambe.

              Cuio mae,

              Calya Estel
            • Verónica
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
                > To spell _Estel_ in Quenya (using the names of the Tengwa) is:
                > short carrier with acute accent mark directly above; silme; tinco
                > with acute accent mark directly above; lambe.
                >
                > Cuio mae,
                >
                > Calya Estel

                Thank you so much. And my thanks to everyone who helped me out. I
                think it will be around three months until the mural is completed, as
                it is still being designed. I'd be happy though to pass around a pic
                of it when it is completed. My thanks again.

                Verónica