tengwar request

  • JadedxxPurity@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hello everyone,
      I looked back as far as I could into the messages to see if this had already
      been requested, but I couldn't find anything, so I'll ask. Could someone help
      me with writing "Estel" in Tengwar? Its for a mural that I'm having done in
      my condo. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. =)

      Verónica

    • DDanielA@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
        Teithant JadedxxPurity:
        >Could someone help me with writing >"Estel" in Tengwar?

        Depends. Did you want the Quenya spelling, or the Sindarin? And if
        Sindarin, did you want the full-writing mode or the tehta mode?

        Cuio mae, Danny.
      • Verónica
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
          > Depends. Did you want the Quenya spelling, or the Sindarin? And if
          > Sindarin, did you want the full-writing mode or the tehta mode?
          >
          > Cuio mae, Danny.

          I was thinking about Quenya. Someone sent me this
          link "http://tengwar.art.pl/ott/start.php", for which I am very
          grateful. I'd love to get another opinion though if you have it.
        • Verónica
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
            > I was thinking about Quenya. Someone sent me this
            > link "http://tengwar.art.pl/ott/start.php", for which I am very
            > grateful. I'd love to get another opinion though if you have it.

            Just found something else. I compared the results from the link
            mentioned above to the inscription on Gilraen's tomb, which I found
            here "http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_otherinscr.htm#gilraen".
            The first figure appears different, upside down, to a layperson like
            myself. Does anyone know which is correct?
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
              teithant Verσnica

              > The first figure appears different, upside down, to
              > a layperson like
              > myself. Does anyone know which is correct?

              both.. the difference is because of language, and
              therefore spelling.. thats why Dany asked you if you
              want it in Quenya or Sindarin

            • calya_estel
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
                teithant Verónica:

                > > I was thinking about Quenya.

                To spell _Estel_ in Quenya (using the names of the Tengwa) is:
                short carrier with acute accent mark directly above; silme; tinco
                with acute accent mark directly above; lambe.

                Cuio mae,

                Calya Estel
              • Verónica
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
                  > To spell _Estel_ in Quenya (using the names of the Tengwa) is:
                  > short carrier with acute accent mark directly above; silme; tinco
                  > with acute accent mark directly above; lambe.
                  >
                  > Cuio mae,
                  >
                  > Calya Estel

                  Thank you so much. And my thanks to everyone who helped me out. I
                  think it will be around three months until the mural is completed, as
                  it is still being designed. I'd be happy though to pass around a pic
                  of it when it is completed. My thanks again.

                  Verónica