Re: Character missing in Tengwar Cursive ?

  • elimloth
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 8:26 AM
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "julien_mv"
      <camandone.julien@f...> wrote:

      > I have a problem with Tengwar Cursive :(
      [...] (for instance "helluin") [...]
      > But when I use the character string (9Fj¸lU5 for helluin) with
      > Tengwar Cursive,
      > There is a space instead of "wavy line" on the Lambe

      > How can I resolve this ? By the way, is the character string for
      > helluin is really 9Fj¸lU5 ?

      The "Tengwar Cursive" font lacks many of the encodings for the
      glyphs used by Dan Smith's fonts. The character '¸' (U-00b8)is
      supposed to encode an overtwist or bar within the Lambe tengwa but
      the cursive font has no representation for that encoding. The
      closest encodings I could find within the cursive character set are
      below, but the result is not good.

      9Fj;lU5
      9Fj:lU5

      Elimloth

      P.S. You might want to try YaTT, another tengwar tool found at:
      http://www.jadro.cz/tengwar/index.php
      It has a shortcut icon to the character set browser.