Tengwar Cursive

  • londeoronti
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2003
      Hi

      I'm trying to write Sillo (Quenya for "from now") in Harri Perälä's
      Tengwar Cursive, but I have big problems when it comes to the long
      lambe tengwar. In "normal" Tengwar Quenya the recommended solution is
      a tilde or bar is places under or in the tengwar, but what goes for
      the Cursive font?

      The same for the cluster -lya where two dots is placed inside or
      under the tengwar and then the a-tehtar over the tengwar.

      How do I write a tengwar with two tehtar in Tengwar Cursive? Any
      ideas anyone?

      My solution became for Sillo iTj;Y with the letter j's spacing
      condensed with 3,5 pt and the character ;'s spacing expanded with 3,5
      pt (just to get the over-curl "Y" back into place).

      For -lya I practically made the same changes but with 4,5 pt instead.

      This looks good but I'm wondering if this is recommended because I
      haven't seen any solutions for double tehtar tengwars...

      Thanks in advance for all responses!

      Erunámo Londëoronti
    • Erun�moLond�oronti
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2003
        --- londeoronti <londeoronti@...> wrote:
        > My solution became for Sillo iTj;Y with the letter
        > j's spacing
        > condensed with 3,5 pt and the character ;'s spacing
        > expanded with 3,5
        > pt (just to get the over-curl "Y" back into place).
        >
        > For -lya I practically made the same changes but
        > with 4,5 pt instead.

        The condensing/expanding is of course variable, I used
        the fontsize 56 pt for this example.

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • birnstielt
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 20, 2005
          Hi. I just joined elfscript and am entirely new to the world of Tolkien. I need help. I
          would like to know how to write some names in tengwar cursive for a tatoo design.
          Who can help me? Thanks, Tim
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2005
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "birnstielt" <tbirnstiel@m...>
            wrote:

            > Hi. I just joined elfscript and am entirely new to the world of
            Tolkien. I need help. I
            > would like to know how to write some names in tengwar cursive for a
            tatoo design.
            > Who can help me? Thanks, Tim

            Hey,
            what do you want to get written?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 22, 2005
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Tim "birnstielt" <tbirnstiel@m...>
              asked me privately:
              > I would like to include the following names for a design:
              > Mikayla, Tristan, Trevor, Dane, and Saxon

              I prepared a .gif picture of these names in Tengwar - and would like
              to ask you, my dear tegilborath, to have a look at it for the sake of
              correctness. It's in the Files/calwen76/timsnames.gif

              Thanks,