Re: question

  • xeeniseit
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2003
      Larry teithant:
      > where can i find the letters named like that? I have
      > found some here (
      > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_names.htm ) but
      > the names you give for them arnt listed.

      The words "single luuva" are actually no tengwa name. They refer to a
      tengwa which looks like the Roman letter "c".

      xeeniseit teithant:
      > > In an phonetic mode, such as in the Treebeard Page, or the Elvish
      > > Script Samples, I'd spell it like that: anna - oore - calma - malta

      Harri Perälä teithant:
      > However, when using the values of the Elvish Script Samples (DTS 16 -
      > 18), vilya would be used instead of anna. Am I correct?

      That's right. There are two versions of the phonetic mode, and I've
      chosen the later one, even though I rather tend to prefer the earlier
      version because it allows a distinction between the English a-sound as
      in hat and the Quenya/Sindarin/Latin/French/Spanish/Finnish/German/...
      a-sound. The other differences between the two are only in the use of
      different tengwar for certain sounds.

      suilaid
      xeeniseit