Re: [elfscript] Re: Markings

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2003
      teithant Veiluve Ardaheru Minak

      > One or the other, come on, I get from one that
      > ngwalme turned to
      > ngalme and from you I get nwalme, which is correct!?

      nwalme

      > I'll just go by
      > Dan Smith... So would the correct word since I
      > prefer sindarin be
      > TEITHO? Also please remember a good many of us are

      what for? teitho means 'write!' (imperative)

    • D. Daniel Andriës
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2003
        Teithant Ve:
        > One or the other, come on, I get from one that ngwalme turned to
        > ngalme and from you I get nwalme, which is correct!? I'll just go
        by
        > Dan Smith...

        I think it's a better idea to go by J. R. R. Tolkien himself. In
        Appendix E of LotR he specifically states the name of the tegwa to be
        nwalme, formerly ngwalme. BTW, in Quenya both noldo and nwalme can
        only occur initially as far as we know.

        So would the correct word since I prefer sindarin be
        > TEITHO?

        _têw_ = tengwa (singular)
        _tîw_ = tengwar (plural)

        > Also please remember a good many of us are new at this and
        > talking down to us is very disheartening due to the fact I myself
        > view the many who can answer my questions as authorities and
        > knowledgeable.

        We understand this and are not trying to talk down to you. We commend
        you for your interest in learning the Tengwar and want to make sure
        that you learn what is correct to the best of our understanding.