Re: Markings

  • Veiluve Ardaheru Minak
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2003
      One or the other, come on, I get from one that ngwalme turned to
      ngalme and from you I get nwalme, which is correct!? I'll just go by
      Dan Smith... So would the correct word since I prefer sindarin be
      TEITHO? Also please remember a good many of us are new at this and
      talking down to us is very disheartening due to the fact I myself
      view the many who can answer my questions as authorities and
      knowledgeable.
      Also again Gildor you have my many thanks...
      -Ve

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2003
        teithant Veiluve Ardaheru Minak

        > One or the other, come on, I get from one that
        > ngwalme turned to
        > ngalme and from you I get nwalme, which is correct!?

        nwalme

        > I'll just go by
        > Dan Smith... So would the correct word since I
        > prefer sindarin be
        > TEITHO? Also please remember a good many of us are

        what for? teitho means 'write!' (imperative)

      • D. Daniel Andriës
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2003
          Teithant Ve:
          > One or the other, come on, I get from one that ngwalme turned to
          > ngalme and from you I get nwalme, which is correct!? I'll just go
          by
          > Dan Smith...

          I think it's a better idea to go by J. R. R. Tolkien himself. In
          Appendix E of LotR he specifically states the name of the tegwa to be
          nwalme, formerly ngwalme. BTW, in Quenya both noldo and nwalme can
          only occur initially as far as we know.

          So would the correct word since I prefer sindarin be
          > TEITHO?

          _têw_ = tengwa (singular)
          _tîw_ = tengwar (plural)

          > Also please remember a good many of us are new at this and
          > talking down to us is very disheartening due to the fact I myself
          > view the many who can answer my questions as authorities and
          > knowledgeable.

          We understand this and are not trying to talk down to you. We commend
          you for your interest in learning the Tengwar and want to make sure
          that you learn what is correct to the best of our understanding.