Re: [elfscript] Writing "w" in Sindarin tehta ode

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2003
      Teithant Corinna Triesch:
      >A short Question abut writing "w" in Sindarin
      >tehta mode. My two main sources of information
      >about Tengwar differ in this point , so I need your
      >help. In one they use "vala", on the other page"wilya".
      >So please tall me which is correct.

      We know that vilya = 'w' in the mode of Beleriand; that is attested.
      Unfortunately, though, there is no occurrence of independant 'w' in the
      King's Letter III, the
      sole representative text written in a well-attested Sindarin tehta mode.
      My suspicion is that vala was used, but we have no way of knowing until
      more of JRRT's tengwar specimina are published.