anna vs. anna (was: yanta vs. anna)

  • xeeniseit
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2003
      Danny teithant:
      > English modes: vary. In the Title Page Inscription, neither tengwa is
      > used. In the English full writing mode used in the King's Letter, yanta
      > = 'e', anna = 'o'. I can't recall either yanta or anna being used in the
      > 'Bombadil' mode.

      Anna is used in the 'Bombadil' mode to represent the vowel of the word 'but'.
      In the 'Treebeard' version of that mode, there are two different versions of
      anna: Anna with a normal luuva (c-shaped luuva) is used for the vowel a,
      anna with a not-rounded luuva, i.e. anna looking like 'u' for the vowel of the
      word 'but'.

      suilaid
      xeeniseit