Question: S-Curls

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2003
      I am reading about the s-curl modifier symbol. Is it used in words
      that end in 's' (depending on the mode you are using, that is if it
      has words that end in 's')? Can I not use it if I choose & use the
      tengwa silme, silme nuquerna instead? In any case could someone
      please explain it to me (how to use s-curls in the appropriate
      context) to help me grasp it.

      Many thanks,

      Michelle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2003
        teithant Michelle

        > I am reading about the s-curl modifier symbol. Is it
        > used in words
        > that end in 's' (depending on the mode you are
        > using, that is if it
        > has words that end in 's')? Can I not use it if I
        > choose & use the
        > tengwa silme, silme nuquerna instead? In any case
        > could someone
        > please explain it to me (how to use s-curls in the
        > appropriate
        > context) to help me grasp it.

        in Quenya it's ued for ts, ps and x, and as you
        understand, no words end in these sounds

        in English it can be ued finally in cases like to
        write the word 'hobbits'