Quick question about Tenguar fonts

  • shellnovski
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2003
      Hello,

      I have a favourite short poem that I like. Using the Quenya
      dictionary, I have translated it into Quenya which I enjoyed doing.
      The next thing I did was to use my Quenya windows fonts to write it
      in Quenya. I have found that depending on if I use the keyboard to
      type the sentences or use the mouse to click on the onscreen
      keyboard; writes it differently. The tenguar fonts are Dan Smiths
      version which is brilliant (happy with both - I realise that using
      the keyboard types out each letter whereas the onscreen keyboard puts
      vowels over letters). However, when I do the same with Tengscribe (it
      translates the entire lot together) it is different again (I love
      this too). All of them I have used Quenya translation. I want to
      select one of them but don't know which one to choose - which one do
      you think I should use for this particular inscription? I thought
      they would be the same. Is one more right than the other?

      With thanks,

      Michelle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2003
        teithant shellnovski

        > I have a favourite short poem that I like. Using the
        > Quenya
        > dictionary, I have translated it into Quenya which I
        > enjoyed doing.

        cool... did you use grammar as well? if you used the
        dictionary ONLY, the result would be something like
        'me Tarzan, you Jane' :)

        > keyboard; writes it differently. The tenguar fonts
        > are Dan Smiths
        > version which is brilliant (happy with both - I
        > realise that using
        > the keyboard types out each letter whereas the
        > onscreen keyboard puts
        > vowels over letters). However, when I do the same
        > with Tengscribe (it
        > translates the entire lot together) it is different
        > again (I love
        > this too). All of them I have used Quenya
        > translation. I want to
        > select one of them but don't know which one to
        > choose - which one do
        > you think I should use for this particular
        > inscription? I thought
        > they would be the same. Is one more right than the
        > other?

        please read carefully the documentation that came with
        Dan Smiths fonts about tengwar spelling AND tengwar
        fonts awkward usage for Windows