i have questions!! hehe!

  • fairyblueeyes86 <fairyblueeyes86@yahoo.c
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      hi! anyone who can help me, please!! i need it! jk! anyways, i would
      like to no how to translate elvish names into the writing format
      type thing. i want to get a tattoo with the words "elven eyes"
      or "golden eyes" done in elvish but i dont know how to write them or
      what the elvish words are. if anyone knows of any sites of the style
      font, i'd appeciate it!! maybe to help out, i kinda want the syle
      font like that in the appendix's---> Tengwaror in angerthas. i've
      looked at the pages over and over and dont know if i'm getting the
      symbols right to the word i want! help! thanks a bunch
      fairyblueeyes86
    • Elvensong
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        As some of you already know, one of my friends is
        getting married next month and has asked me to
        translate a line for FOTR to Quenya to inscribe on
        their wedding rings.

        After many different attempts and bugging them, they
        have finally decided on one that was actually
        suggested on a group.

        This is what I have, please look it over because this
        is going on their wedding rings, so it is very
        important that it be right. From here, I have will
        transcribing it into the Tenqwar and will send that
        around to some people who wish to see what I have for
        that as well.

        I appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

        Thank you for all your help and thank you to the
        person who first posted the line they are using.

        "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face
        all the ages of this world alone."

        _Marie aselye mine cuilesse n� nin �rima l� omentie
        ilye i randar Ambar
        sino eressea._

        "Dwelling with you for (lit. in) one life is to me
        more desirable than
        meeting all the ages of this world lonely."

        Elvensong

        =====
        Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle.
        May thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back.

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2003
          teithant "fairyblueeyes86

          > anyways, i would
          > like to no how to translate elvish names into the
          > writing format
          > type thing. i want to get a tattoo with the words
          > "elven eyes"
          > or "golden eyes" done in elvish but i dont know how
          > to write them or
          > what the elvish words are. if anyone knows of any

          1. look at the Quenya wordlist of Ardalambion
          2. go to
          http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html to
          learn how to write in tengwar