hi again

  • neverforreal13 <neverforreal13@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
      Hi Everyone,
      I have more specific questions regarding the tattoo I want to get
      written in Tengwar. First, I want the word to be "strength" however,
      not strength meaning physically strong, but meaning emotional
      strength, like the strength that Frodo needs to overcome the
      temptation of the ring and complete his task. Strength that gets one
      out of a hardship. I am not sure if they have a word like that in
      Quenya or Sindarin.
      My second question is should I get the tattoo in Quenya or Sindarin?
      My friend says Quenya because it's the highest form of Elvish. He
      thinks it's what Galadriel speaks, is that true?
      What would be the better language to get the tattoo in, or does it
      matter?
      Thirdly, I was wondering about Elvish numbers. Are they the same in
      Quenya and Sindarin? I heard the cast from the movie (the 9 actors in
      the Fellowship) have the Tengwar numeral 9 somewhere on their bodies.
      Thank you all for reading.
    • hibweh@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
        Your tatoo is up to you... but i'd shoot for Quenya.
        Yes, the cast has the numeral 9 on their ankle. I'm no sure if it's right or left, but I know it's on their ankle.

        Chelle
      • Lindsay Wyett
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2003
          teithant neverforreal13:
          >(the 9 actors in
          >the Fellowship) have the Tengwar numeral 9 somewhere on their bodies.

          --sorry to say, i saw a picture of Sean Astin's tattoo, and it's actually the english "nine" written out in non-phonetic tengwar. I was really disappointed.

          ~Aldanende