ore vs romen

  • ANA JULIA RODRIGUEZ <arnavende@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2003
      when you're writing in quenya... when use ore and when use romen???
      i said these because almost all material to learn quenya is a
      transliteration, but i have a group that is learning the tengwar too
      and don't know the difference... can anyone help me??

      thanks

      naikele nola
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2003
        teithant "ANA JULIA RODRIGUEZ

        > when you're writing in quenya... when use ore and
        > when use romen???
        > i said these because almost all material to learn
        > quenya is a
        > transliteration, but i have a group that is learning
        > the tengwar too
        > and don't know the difference... can anyone help
        > me??

        ore is used finally (eg valaR) and before consonants
        (eg. coRma)

        romen is used before vowels (eg. Ranco, aRe etc)

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2003
          Teithant arnavende
          >when you're writing in quenya... when use ore
          >and when use romen??? ... i have a group that
          >is learning the tengwar too and don't know the
          >difference.

          Check out Måns Björkman's article on writing Quenya with the Tengwar
          at his site Amanye Tenceli:
          http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/teng_quenya.htm

          Besides covering the óre vs. rómen question, it also addresses the
          silme vs. súle, númen vs. noldo and vala vs. vilya situations.