Re: [elfscript] Re: Newly joined

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
      teithant "jadeedrie <jadeedrie@...>"

      > I have one more question to ask, how does one write
      > in either in
      > Quenam Sindarin in words and not in calligraphy? Is
      > there a website
      > that tells me or no??

      can you explain the idea behind words vs calligraphy concept?

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
        I just answered my own question. *S*

        Does anyone know is there a dictionary of sorts other than in Quenya
        that is in Sardarin? also too, in which language does the Elves in
        Rivendell speak? Sindarin right or no??

        jadeedrie

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2003
          teithant "jadeedrie <jadeedrie@...>"

          > Does anyone know is there a dictionary of sorts
          > other than in Quenya
          > that is in Sardarin? also too, in which language
          > does the Elves in
          > Rivendell speak? Sindarin right or no??

          SINDARIN, and yes, it's the common elvish in Rivendell
          (but they speak Quenya sometimes also)

          http://www.jrrvf.com/%7Ehisweloke/sindar/documents/download.html
          do download a sindarin dictionary

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2003
            Thank you so much, elfiness. That really helps me alot. *S*

          • Mike <abrigon@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2003
              Calligraphy = beautiful writing, sort of a form of hand writing, but
              more specifically letters written for artistic purposes, versus
              scribed or enscribed. Then their is written, which is your normal hand
              writing. And then their is printed, which I think what he is asking
              about.. The letters above are all printed.

              Sort of the different between someone using a printing press or like
              device, versus someone writing out the letters, versus writing the
              letters out for beauty.

              Can be fun when you add things like carved, as well as illuminated.

              Carved, such as carved into stone, while illuminated is more the art
              work around the calligraphy letters, but can also be the letters
              themselves, Arabic and like calligraphy pushes the boundary, such as
              using letters to form animals.

              Mike