Re: Newly joined

  • jadeedrie <jadeedrie@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
      Thanks, Helge. *S*

      I have one more question to ask, how does one write in either in
      Quenam Sindarin in words and not in calligraphy? Is there a website
      that tells me or no??

      Curious to know..

      JadeEdrie

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
        teithant "jadeedrie <jadeedrie@...>"

        > I have one more question to ask, how does one write
        > in either in
        > Quenam Sindarin in words and not in calligraphy? Is
        > there a website
        > that tells me or no??

        can you explain the idea behind words vs calligraphy concept?

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
          I just answered my own question. *S*

          Does anyone know is there a dictionary of sorts other than in Quenya
          that is in Sardarin? also too, in which language does the Elves in
          Rivendell speak? Sindarin right or no??

          jadeedrie

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2003
            teithant "jadeedrie <jadeedrie@...>"

            > Does anyone know is there a dictionary of sorts
            > other than in Quenya
            > that is in Sardarin? also too, in which language
            > does the Elves in
            > Rivendell speak? Sindarin right or no??

            SINDARIN, and yes, it's the common elvish in Rivendell
            (but they speak Quenya sometimes also)

            http://www.jrrvf.com/%7Ehisweloke/sindar/documents/download.html
            do download a sindarin dictionary

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 7, 2003
              Thank you so much, elfiness. That really helps me alot. *S*

            • Mike <abrigon@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2003
                Calligraphy = beautiful writing, sort of a form of hand writing, but
                more specifically letters written for artistic purposes, versus
                scribed or enscribed. Then their is written, which is your normal hand
                writing. And then their is printed, which I think what he is asking
                about.. The letters above are all printed.

                Sort of the different between someone using a printing press or like
                device, versus someone writing out the letters, versus writing the
                letters out for beauty.

                Can be fun when you add things like carved, as well as illuminated.

                Carved, such as carved into stone, while illuminated is more the art
                work around the calligraphy letters, but can also be the letters
                themselves, Arabic and like calligraphy pushes the boundary, such as
                using letters to form animals.

                Mike