Re: [elfscript] more questions

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
      teithant "neverforreal13 <neverforreal13@...>"

      > That's what I've gathered. But is the One Ring
      > inscribed in Quenya,
      > Black Speech or Sindarin? Furthermore, does anyone

      Black Speech, written in tengwar (although it sounds
      strange, thing that you can write japanese with roman
      letters)

      > know the word for
      > "strength" in Elvish a

      bellas in sindarin
      tuo in Quenya

      > nd how can I translate our
      > alphabet of 26
      > letters into Tengwar? ANY help would be much

      tengwar is a system based on quenya phonology, then
      readapted in sindarin and others..

      look http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at about info on
      tengwar (mainly quenya)

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
        Hi
        Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I was able to download
        Tengwar script as well so that I can translate the letters.
        I guess now I just need to decide whether I want Quenya or Sindarin
        for my tattoo.
        :-)

      • Mike <abrigon@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2003
          Some languages are more prone to following vowels..

          Example being "The","Be" and like. While some lingos use vowels in
          front. Example being "Able", "Although" and like.

          One lends it self to "diacritical" (vowel mark) that follows, and can
          be artistically pleasing.. As well as functional. both can be fun.
          Then you have modes that use full letters versus "diacritical" or like
          marks to signify vowels.. The first is much like how Arabic and Hebrew
          and related lingos use it. While the third is how English is most
          often done.. Really fun when you use Tengwar for a lingo like Arabic,
          with the no real need to show vowels other than for new
          learners/children.

          Of course lingos like Sanskrit that uses a syllybary can be a bit fun
          to figure out for Tengwar. Do you use the mode to signify the
          syllybles or you do it like English and have one letter for one
          consonant, or consonant and vowels?

          One ring was done in an ancient pure form of Black Speech, invented by
          Morgoth the former Vala named Melkor. And only used by the dark
          enemies lieutenants and like, such as the Maia (former) later
          named Sauron.

          Mike

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "neverforreal13