Re: Definite article Problem

  • laurifindil <ejk@free.fr>
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, DDanielA@w... wrote:
      > Teithant Edouard Kloczko:
      > >Gildor will you never stop pretending to be fluent
      > >in Quenya and Sindarin, are you? :-(
      >
      > Gildor has never claimed to be fluent in either Eldarin language, nor
      > has anyone on Elfscript or Elfling, AFAICR.

      When Mr A ask "How can I say z" and Mr B writes : "You can say it like
      that and that"... sound, read and looks like Mr B is pretty fluent.

      I do not read often (to say the least) things like "I do not know", or
      even a simple "maybe"...
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
        teithant "laurifindil <ejk@...>"

        > When Mr A ask "How can I say z" and Mr B writes :
        > "You can say it like
        > that and that"... sound, read and looks like Mr B is
        > pretty fluent.
        >
        > I do not read often (to say the least) things like
        > "I do not know", or
        > even a simple "maybe"...

        apology: sometimes i am quite tired, and all i want is
        to give a definite answer (that means, if i consider
        it possible of course), and not a full analysis of how
        and why i picked/made some words..

        i' m sure the newbie who asked this translation for a
        RPG game or a nickname, is not interested in this..
        he/she wants an answer, and it's ok with me and my
        conscience that i tried to make a sentence according
        to what i know about Elvish, and didn't 'fool' him/her
        with some alien words ('reflection' in sindarin? oh i
        have it right here, published in my secret personal
        dictionary, it's 'gwenniathreg')

        i have been numerous times proven wrong, and every
        time i give an answer, i also rely on the critical eye
        of the other elflingers who correct me