nederlands-tengwar

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 3:37 PM
      This is for Izegrim...nederlands-tengwar as devised by Lodewijk van
      Roosendaal. Sorry about the length of this post!

      a = vilya
      aa = vilya + double bar (line beneath)
      e = yanta
      ee = yanta + double bar
      i = short carrier
      ie = short carrier + double bar
      o = anna
      oo = anna + double bar
      u = úre
      uu = úre + double bar
      oe = anna + circumflex
      ae = vilya + circumflex
      eu = yanta + following w
      (following w looks like a reversed
      tilde [~] over the tengwa)
      au = vilya + following w
      ou = anna + following w
      auw = vilya - úre + following w
      ouw = anna - úre + following w
      ei = yanta + following y
      (following y looks like two dots
      [¨] over te tengwa)
      ij = long carrier + acute accent
      ui = úre + following y
      ieuw = short carrier + double bar -
      úre + following w
      eeuw = yanta + double bar - úre +
      following w
      b = umbar
      ch = hwesta
      d = ando
      f = formen
      g = ungwe
      h = hyarmen
      j = long carrier
      k = quesse
      l = lambe
      m = malta
      n = númen
      ng = nwalme
      p = parma
      r = óre or rómen (Quenya rules of
      usage apply)
      s = silme
      (+s = 's' curl)
      sch = silme - hwesta
      final sch = esse nuquerna (áre n.)
      sj = aha (harma)
      t = tinco
      v = vala
      w = ampa
      z = esse (áre)

      Nasal bars and double bars are used in the usual way.

      Hope this help you out some!

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • Izegrim@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26 12:32 AM
        --- In elfscript@y..., DDanielA@w... wrote:
        > This is for Izegrim...nederlands-tengwar as devised by Lodewijk van
        > Roosendaal. Sorry about the length of this post!
        >
        > a = vilya
        > aa = vilya + double bar (line beneath)
        > e = yanta
        > ee = yanta + double bar
        > i = short carrier
        > ie = short carrier + double bar
        > o = anna
        > oo = anna + double bar
        > u = úre
        > uu = úre + double bar
        > oe = anna + circumflex
        > ae = vilya + circumflex
        > eu = yanta + following w
        > (following w looks like a reversed
        > tilde [~] over the tengwa)
        > au = vilya + following w
        > ou = anna + following w
        > auw = vilya - úre + following w
        > ouw = anna - úre + following w
        > ei = yanta + following y
        > (following y looks like two dots
        > [¨] over te tengwa)
        > ij = long carrier + acute accent
        > ui = úre + following y
        > ieuw = short carrier + double bar -
        > úre + following w
        > eeuw = yanta + double bar - úre +
        > following w
        > b = umbar
        > ch = hwesta
        > d = ando
        > f = formen
        > g = ungwe
        > h = hyarmen
        > j = long carrier
        > k = quesse
        > l = lambe
        > m = malta
        > n = númen
        > ng = nwalme
        > p = parma
        > r = óre or rómen (Quenya rules of
        > usage apply)
        > s = silme
        > (+s = 's' curl)
        > sch = silme - hwesta
        > final sch = esse nuquerna (áre n.)
        > sj = aha (harma)
        > t = tinco
        > v = vala
        > w = ampa
        > z = esse (áre)
        >
        > Nasal bars and double bars are used in the usual way.
        >
        > Hope this help you out some!
        >
        > Cuio mae, Danny.

        Thank you Danny, this helped me a lot!
        Since Dutch contains vowels which are alike diphtongs, only spoken as
        a single vowel, you helped me to show how another Dutchman has dealt
        with it. I continue my work, because from the beginning I meant to
        make an adjustment with use of Tehtar. I am also not fully satisfied
        with the way he banned English sounds out of the system (since Dutch
        uses a lot of English vocabulary in daily speech). I do not know if
        my explanations are of your concern, but maybe it is just a show of
        gratitude...

        Bloedgroet, Izegrim