Contact!!! I have entered... Izegrim

  • Izegrim@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2001
      Hello people,

      Allow me to introduce myself:
      My name is John, born 1979,but I go by the alias of 'Izegrim'.
      I am a Dutch Tolkien-enthousiast, and about a month ago I decided
      that I want to learn at least everything about the Tengwar. So I
      started on my own and got pretty far, but I got trouble when I tried
      adjusting it to my mother's tongue. I do not have the net on my own
      pc and that could be a problem if my school would not have it either.
      I had luck(at school I mean),and started looking for info...

      A few names of this group I did recognize, because they have been a
      great help. You know who you are!!! Great sites, people. My
      complements (if you want a personal complement you'll have to ask for
      it!). I'm just a starter, but I hope that I can join your enthousiasm!

      I hope that I will soon come up with a complete Dutch adjustment (as
      far as it's possible and of your concern), and soon you will hear
      from me (NOT a promise!) Bloedgroet,

      ~Izegrim~
    • Lisa Star
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2001
        >Hello people,

        **Don't make assumptions ;-)

        >Allow me to introduce myself:
        >My name is John, born 1979,but I go by the alias of 'Izegrim'.
        >I am a Dutch Tolkien-enthousiast, and about a month ago I decided
        >that I want to learn at least everything about the Tengwar. So I
        >started on my own and got pretty far, but I got trouble when I tried
        >adjusting it to my mother's tongue. I do not have the net on my own
        >pc and that could be a problem if my school would not have it either.
        >I had luck(at school I mean),and started looking for info...

        **So, have you met the other Dutch Tolkien enthusiasts at Unquendor, the
        Dutch Tolkien site? There is a link to it from my web site, starting on
        page
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/9902

        **I expect that someone there has already figured out how to write Dutch in
        tengwar, though there is no substitute for doing the work yourself--you
        learn more.

        ** Lisa Star
        ** LisaStar@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
          --- In elfscript@y..., "Lisa Star" <amlug4@h...> wrote:

          > >Hello people,
          >
          > **Don't make assumptions ;-)
          >
          > >Allow me to introduce myself:
          > >My name is John, born 1979,but I go by the alias of 'Izegrim'.
          > >I am a Dutch Tolkien-enthousiast, and about a month ago I decided
          > >that I want to learn at least everything about the Tengwar. So I
          > >started on my own and got pretty far, but I got trouble when I
          tried
          > >adjusting it to my mother's tongue. I do not have the net on my own
          > >pc and that could be a problem if my school would not have it
          either.
          > >I had luck(at school I mean),and started looking for info...
          >
          > **So, have you met the other Dutch Tolkien enthusiasts at
          Unquendor, the
          > Dutch Tolkien site? There is a link to it from my web site,
          starting on
          > page
          > http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/9902
          >
          > **I expect that someone there has already figured out how to write
          Dutch in
          > tengwar, though there is no substitute for doing the work yourself--
          you
          > learn more.
          >
          > ** Lisa Star
          > ** LisaStar@e...
          >
          > _Thank you Lisa for the tips.
          Please excuse me for the 'people'-thing.
          I had already_contacted the Unquendor-site, but there have been noone
          yet to give me the answer to the existence of a Dutch Tengwar-
          modification. I will be contacted by those who can tell me this. I
          hope you can read through my sometimes imperfect english and not
          appropiate wordchoice.

        • DDanielA@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
            Actually, I have seen a tengwar system used to represent Dutch. It is a
            full writing rather than a 'tehta' version, so few 'ómatehtar' are
            used, except for diphthongs. I'll try to look it up for you...if I can
            find it again! Cuio mae, Danny.