Tengwar for Non-Alphabets

  • Mike Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
      A Tengwar for Hebrew and other lingos that don't have a major need for vowels I expect could be
      easy in that regard, but what of languages with alot of like sounds, or worse tonal?

      How about a mode for languages that are more syllablary in need/nature?

      Mike

      Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:46:35 -0500
      From: "Steg Belsky" <draqonfayir@...> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
      Subject: Re: Tengwar Mode: German
      To: CONLANG@...

      On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:24:22 +0100 Christian Thalmann <cinga@...>
      writes:
      > This talk about a Hebrew tengwar mode has finally led me to make the
      > German tengwar mode I had always planned to make one day...
      > http://catharsis.netpeople.ch/langmaking/DTM/dtm.html
      > Comments? (It's in German, I'm afraid... ;-)
      > -- Christian Thalmann
      -

      I don't know German, but the system looks good! Although i feel bad for
      |w| /v/, stuck in a row all by itself. :-P Why did you use the 'doubled
      S' letter for |z|, instead of a 'T + s-curl' combination like |x|?

      -Stephen (Steg)
      "dos iz nit der �teg."

      =====
      Send me email at: Abrigon@...

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • tengwar2001 <clmc3129@interlinklc.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2003
        Hello, I've got a mode for Mandarin Chinese I've been working on. You
        may find it interesting. Mandarin is tonal, and has many similar
        sounds. The document is not finished and is in PDF format. My PDF
        creator is rather poor, so you may want to print it (it's much more
        readable that way).

        I'll upload it into the files section as Mandarin.zip

        Chris

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Mike Adams <abrigon@y...> wrote:
        > A Tengwar for Hebrew and other lingos that don't have a major need
        for vowels I expect could be
        > easy in that regard, but what of languages with alot of like
        sounds, or worse tonal?

        > How about a mode for languages that are more syllablary in
        need/nature?

        > Mike
        >

        > Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:46:35 -0500
        > From: "Steg Belsky" <draqonfayir@J...> | This is Spam | Add to