Last name

  • Jake Hebert <thementle@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      My quick question has to do with names. I'm a little shakey on how
      to turn regular words into names, but I'm really interested in
      translating my last name, Hebert, into Quenya. This is what I have
      so far:

      Hebert - from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements:
      Heri, hari (army) + berht(bright, famous).

      in Quenya

      amry = hossë
      alcar = glory, radience, brilliance, splendour

      Hence

      Alcahossë

      Alcossë

      Hossalcar

      Am I on the right track here? Are any of thoes three even close?
      Comments on my choice of words and ideas would greatly be
      appreciated, as well as some direction toward some info that might
      help me, or if it can be consice enough, just a comment in a post
      would be great.

      Encaitar Erunámo