Re: [elfscript] Tengwar Parmaite font now available

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 2, 2001
      Måns Björkman wrote:
      > Tengwar Parmaite font now available

      I installed it, and I can certainly recommend it. I find it very clear and
      legible. While no font can ever quite match the calligraphy that only a
      living hand can achieve, the Parmaite font looks nice and tidy. If I were
      to print a book in Tengwar, this font would probably be the one I would
      use, based on the alternatives I have seen. (Not that most of these
      alternatives were particularly bad, either!)

      Visiting Måns' site, I also noticed that the problems I have earlier
      experienced (my browser making an almost completely illegible mess of
      everything) were largely gone. I am glad, for this is an admirable site;
      Måns has done for the scripts what I have tried to do for the languages.
      Congratulations!

      - Helge Fauskanger
    • Dan Smith
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2001
        >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 10:59:26 +0100
        >From: "Edward J. Kloczko" <ejk@...>
        >Anyone has a copy of the "Quettar" with the numerals?

        try here:
        "http://www.geocities.com/fontwizard/tengnum.zip" (75KB)

        It contains PDFs of both the Quettar (1987) and the
        Beyond Bree (1984) articles on numerals.

        --
        Daniel Steven Smith / fontmaster@...
        Fantasy Fonts for Windows / <><
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 7, 2001
          >From: Dan Smith <dansmith@...>
          >To: elfscript@yahoogroups.com
          >CC: ejk@...
          >Subject: [elfscript] Re: Tengwar Parmaite font now available
          >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:51:48 -0500
          >
          > >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 10:59:26 +0100
          > >From: "Edward J. Kloczko" <ejk@...>
          > >Anyone has a copy of the "Quettar" with the numerals?
          >
          >try here:
          >"http://www.geocities.com/fontwizard/tengnum.zip" (75KB)

          **this address doesn't work.

          >It contains PDFs of both the Quettar (1987) and the
          >Beyond Bree (1984) articles on numerals.

          ** Lisa Star
          ** LisaStar@...
        • Dan Smith
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 8, 2001
            >>From: Dan Smith <dansmith@...>
            >>Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:51:48 -0500
            >>"http://www.geocities.com/fontwizard/tengnum.zip" (75KB)
            >>It contains PDFs of both the Quettar (1987) and the
            >>Beyond Bree (1984) articles on numerals.
            >
            >Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:35:43 -0000
            >From: "Lisa Star" <amlug4@...>
            >**this address doesn't work.

            I just tried it and it worked for me.
            Perhaps geocities was having one of it's fits when
            you were trying to download it.