Regarding Name Translations..

  • Jake Hebert <thementle@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2002
      There is a good site with many names already converted to Quenya. I
      believe all the name recently requested are on this site. Some of
      the etemologies used are different than the suggested one by the
      requestee (ie Katherine has a quite different meaning on this site
      than was suggested in the post requesting it), however, it also give
      good explanations of how names like Christopher are derived. The
      site also give a link to page that gives some ideas on how to change
      spellings, endings etc, to alter the name without altering the
      meaning. I suggest that anyone trying to convert their name to
      Quenya starts here:

      http://www.elvish.org/elm/names.html

      Encaitar Erunamo