Name Translation

  • Chris Hickman <chris.hickman@blueyonder.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29 2:04 PM
      I am attempting to translate my name into Quenya and have come up
      with this version. Any advice on grammer etc would be welcome.

      'Christopher Kenneth Hickman'

      Christopher = bearer of Christ
      Using Christ as an aspect of God I came up with;

      Christ = God = Eru
      Bearer = Colindo
      Christopher = Erucolindo

      Kenneth is derived from the Celtic for Handsome. The closest I could
      find was its synonym beautiful although I usually see this as a
      feminine quality.

      Kenneth = Handsome = beautiful = Vanya

      Hickman is derived from servant of Hick. Hick is a derivative of
      Richard and Richard means a strong and powerful ruler. I have chosen
      to use King to represent Richard.?

      Hick = Richard = King = Aran
      Man = Servant = ndur
      Hickman = Arandur