Re: [elfscript] about those old sarati...

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2002
      Carl F. Hostetter wrote:

      > The last time I checked, there were still copies of _Parma_ 13
      > available.
      >
      > http://www.eldalamberon.com/parma13.html

      Excellent. But what about _Parma_ 12 with the Qenya Lexicon? I am regularly
      in contact with people who desperately want a copy of the Lexicon, and CFH
      himself has stressed the importance of the early lexicons in the study of
      Tolkien-linguistics. Is it not time to reprint _Parma_ 12? Otherwise the
      fortunate people who were able to get a copy of the QL when it was still
      available might eventually feel the temptation to start distributing
      photocopies, and I'm sure CFH would not want anybody's copyright to be
      violated...

      - Helge Fauskagner
    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2002
        On Sunday, December 29, 2002, at 10:17 AM, Helge K. Fauskanger wrote:

        > Carl F. Hostetter wrote:
        >
        >> The last time I checked, there were still copies of _Parma_ 13
        >> available.
        >>
        >> http://www.eldalamberon.com/parma13.html
        >
        > Excellent. But what about _Parma_ 12 with the Qenya Lexicon?

        As the _Parma_ web page says, that is currently out of stock.
      • Kristopher Hightower
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2002
          I'd like to find the elven, (your choice of the
          dialect), words for a couple names.. The first is
          Kristopher ( bearing christ, carrier of the annointed,
          or just carrier of sacred--mashiah, messiah.) The
          other is a name of me sis RaeLyn, and I've got no
          bloody idea what her name means. If you could throw
          anything my way that would be greatly appreciated.
          Cheers
          Kristopher Hightower

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2002
            teithant Kristopher Hightower

            > I'd like to find the elven, (your choice of the
            > dialect), words for a couple names.. The first is
            > Kristopher ( bearing christ, carrier of the
            > annointed,
            > or just carrier of sacred--mashiah, messiah.) The

            Quenya: Hristocolindo

            > other is a name of me sis RaeLyn, and I've got no
            > bloody idea what her name means. If you could throw
            > anything my way that would be greatly appreciated.
            > Cheers

            ask her :)))

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2002
              > I'd like to find the elven, (your choice of the dialect), words for a
              couple names.. The first is Kristopher ( bearing christ, carrier of the
              annointed, or just carrier of sacred--mashiah, messiah.)

              Tolkien Quenyarized Christ as _Hristo_. Maybe _Hristocolindo_ or
              _Hristocólo_ or shortened _Hristocol_, then.

              I have suggested _Erucolindo_ elsewhere, but now we don't have to resort to
              the desperate solution of using _Eru_ for "Christ".

              - HKF