Radiance : English to Tengwar Quenya

  • Zara <mdmcholet@mac.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2002
      Hello,

      Hoping you can help me, I want to translate "Radiance" which my name
      means in English to Tengwar Quenya. After looking at a few online
      dictionaries, found:

      Alcare (`CjaE7R)
      Alcar (`CjaE6)

      Do you know which is the correct one?

      Many thanks
      Zara
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2002
        teithant "Zara <mdmcholet@...>"

        > Hello,
        >
        > Hoping you can help me, I want to translate
        > "Radiance" which my name
        > means in English to Tengwar Quenya. After looking
        > at a few online
        > dictionaries, found:
        >
        > Alcare (`CjaE7R)
        > Alcar (`CjaE6)
        >
        > Do you know which is the correct one?

        both are correct but you should prefer Alcare since -e
        is also a feminine ending (i presume you are a girl)

        we have also something like alta for radiance,
        attested in Galadriel's name (Altaariel)

      • Zara Meanwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
          Thank you very much :) (yes I am a girl)
          Happy new year