  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2002
      Teithant Jake Hebert:
      >Could somebody please translate the phrase
      >"Love, Truth, and Honor" into Elvish for me? Either
      >Quenya a/o Sindarin would be fine with me.

      'Love' is easy: _meleth_ in Sindarin or _melme_ in Quenya. I don't think
      we know the words for 'truth' or 'honor' in either language ... sorry.
      However. writing it in English with the Tengwar would easy enough.

      >I also had a more general question about Elvish.
      >Are there fully developed vocabularies for Quenya
      >and Sindarin, and if so, what would be a good book
      >to read/use to learn more about the specifics of
      >the languages beyond the info in the LOTR
      >appendixes.

      Quenya has a fairly large vocabulary. What we know of Sindarin is little
      by comparison, but there exists a corpus of important words. I would
      suggest joining the Elfling Yahoo group and checking the FAQ to find
      useful Eldarin language resources.