Zachary and Travis [was Re: [elfscript] YOUR MY LAST HOPE]

  • charlie_x9
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello.

      This must be getting annoying for you guys, having to answer
      questions about tattoos and stuff. Well I want to get one as well.I
      have decided on the Word. I want literal spelling in Quenya, also
      Quenya mode and cursive style.Where can I find a sort of dictionary
      online that has some words in elvish and all of its diiferent
      divisions? If not can someone please help me?

      Thank you all for you attention.

      CR.

      --- In elfscript@y..., Brook Conner <me@n...> wrote:
      > <moderator-mode>
      > I've kept my mouth shut on this (frantic) thread, but I'll just
      suggest
      > to readers that at least making a try before posting a question to
      the
      > list is a good idea.... We obviously don't have much problem here
      with
      > students asking for homework answers, but it's nice to see that
      someone
      > has made an effort....
      > </moderator-mode>
      >
      > On Tuesday, January 29, 2002, at 10:31 am, Simon Holt wrote:
      >
      > > Now Im very very confused,What I need is some solid information
      as Im
      > > getting the tatoo on Thursday but you all seem to be giving me
      > > different interpretations.
      >
      > That's because there *are* several different interpretations of
      what
      > you've asked for. "I want X in Elvish" is vague. "Elvish" includes
      > different languages and different lettering systems. And you're
      asking
      > for the "Elvish" for English names. As a result, you're getting a
      bunch
      > of different answers, most of which are mostly correct.
      >
      > Now, I've got something in "Elvish" tattooed on my arm (and it
      happens
      > to be about my daughter) so I can understand how important it is to
      you
      > to get it right :-) But that means you need to make some decisions:
      >
      > 1. What spelling you want to use for the names - Literal or
      phonetic?

      > 2. For any other words, what language you want to use - English?
      > Quenya? Sindarin?
      >
      > 3. What "mode" you want to use when writing out the Tengwar (the
      > letters). Quenya (vowel signs go over preceeding consonant)?
      Sindarin
      > (vowel signs over following consonant)? Beleriand (full characters
      for
      > vowels)? English (a modified Beleriand)?
      >
      > 4. Finally, you know what all the letters are. Then choose a font.
      You
      > clearly want the "cursive" style used on the One Ring. This might
      be
      > something the tattoo artist can help with - bring in the letters
      you've
      > chosen (handwritten if necessary), and a copy of the Ring
      Inscription.
      > Explain you want a tattoo with *these* letters in *that* style.
      Work

    • laurifindil <ejk@free.fr>
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 8, 2002
        Beware, Internet will only confuse you.

        In order to understand the ConLanguages of Professor Tolkien, you have
        no other choice but to carefully read and study what J.R.R. Tolkien
        actually wrote.

        For his scripts, you have, first of all, "The Lord of the Rings"
        Appendix E, which has quite enough info for what you want to do.

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "charlie_x9" <charlie_x9@y...>

      • squizz slade
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 9, 2002
          hi charlie,
          squizz here. dont know if it will help but i found a
          site for my tattoo, may have to do a search for it
          called learnelvish, the girl tina sent me back the
          quenya lettering and meaning for the tatoo on my arm,
          dont know if it will help but give it a try, if you
          have no luck let me know and i will try to find the
          exact address again.

          squizz

          http://www.yahoo.promo.com.au/hint/ - Yahoo! Hint Dropper
          - Avoid getting hideous gifts this Christmas with Yahoo! Hint Dropper!