Re: [elfscript] Re: A new Tengwar TTF with Dan Smith Keyboad Layout ist almost ready!!

  • Johan Winge
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
      At 19:52 2002-12-03 -0000, Enrique Mombello wrote:

      >About the too wide aspect of vala, etc. (Bars in the second row), you
      >are right. I am working on it. I discovered that the visual effect is
      >due to the fact that the low bar is too high and as a consequence the
      >empty space in the middle becomes too flat. About the serif... is not
      >ugly but I admit that it is not really nice either. The first attempt
      >was already done. Find the new vala.jpg in the files section.

      That one looks much better, I think. It makes a much more open impression.
      Regarding the serif, it is also better than before, (allthough not perfect
      in my opinion). Well, perhaps I should design my own font instead of making
      subjective complaints - it is your font after all. ;-)

      As I said before: Keep up the good work!

      >By the way, my name is Enrique Mombello (pronounced as: enrike
      >mombelo) and I come from Argentina.

      Nice to meet you.

      Regards,
      -- Johan Winge, Sweden
    • eemunsj
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
        Thanks Johan,

        After all, nothing is perfect, and forms is always a matter of taste.
        I said this is the first attempt, there is now another version, but I
        will wait a little bit and try new forms for the questioned letters.

        Regarding the telco, this IS the final version. I have already done a
        large number of versions and this is the end of the way (at least for
        Elfica). About the unbalance... I really cannot recognize any
        unbalance, but I know what you mean, however, it is OK for me.(again:
        I´ve made too many versions with different positions of the luva in
        order to obtain the present version)

        About the top bar of lambe (and perhaps alda too) you are right
        again. I will correct these.

        Wait for the next version!

        Danni:
        Thanks for your opinion

        Several versions were done for romen and arda and these are the
        widest ones. The reason is that Thetar look better over them.
        Nebertheless, I will see what can I do (I have old versions that are
        more narrow).

        About the Thetar, I will post the Dan Smith test file (Word) with the
        Elfica TTF embedded and you can try whatever you want. But I must
        correct some things first. I guess next week.

        See you!

        Enrique