Re: [elfscript] tengwar font by ivan derzhansky

  • Johan Winge
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      At 00:38 2002-12-03 +0000, "=?iso-8859-7?q?Gildor=20Inglorion?=" wrote:
      >in a past post (rhymes good, doesn't it? :P) the
      >tengwar font (mentioned in the subject line) was
      >mentioned.. the special with this font was that it
      >presented a hypothetically evolved form of tengwar...
      >
      >unfortunately, i have understood it's a metafont, not
      >truetype like those used by windows users...
      >
      >could someone show me a sample of this font in jpg? or
      >a ttf version of it (if one exists)?

      Take a look at my Tengwar Fount Guide:
      http://m1.174.telia.com/~u17402402/tolkien/tengwar/
      (It needs heavy updating though.)

      By the way, if someone finaly has devised a good "the quick fox jumps over
      the lazy dog" type of sentence in elvish I could use to demonstrate the
      fonts I would be very thankful... :-) A short sentence in Quenya and one in
      Sindarin should suffice to make use of almost all the tengwar, but devising
      those two short sentences, and at the same time make them mean something
      meaningful seems to be easier said than done.

      Regards,
      Johan Winge
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
        teithant Johan Winge

        > Take a look at my Tengwar Fount Guide:
        > http://m1.174.telia.com/~u17402402/tolkien/tengwar/
        > (It needs heavy updating though.)

        thanks!! i have visited your page long ago (i think
        you have a pronounciation guide too) and i thought
        those strange fonts i remembered, might be Ivan's
        fonts i recently heard of, but i couldnt find your
        page again... :)))

      • Ivan A Derzhanski by way of Michael Eve
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
          I assume this is what is meant. The PostScript file can
          be converted to a BMP by GhostView, and that to a JPG by
          any of a number of image editors. --I.