tengwar font by ivan derzhansky

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      in a past post (rhymes good, doesn't it? :P) the
      tengwar font (mentioned in the subject line) was
      mentioned.. the special with this font was that it
      presented a hypothetically evolved form of tengwar...

      unfortunately, i have understood it's a metafont, not
      truetype like those used by windows users...

      could someone show me a sample of this font in jpg? or
      a ttf version of it (if one exists)?

    • Johan Winge
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
        At 00:38 2002-12-03 +0000, "=?iso-8859-7?q?Gildor=20Inglorion?=" wrote:
        >in a past post (rhymes good, doesn't it? :P) the
        >tengwar font (mentioned in the subject line) was
        >mentioned.. the special with this font was that it
        >presented a hypothetically evolved form of tengwar...
        >
        >unfortunately, i have understood it's a metafont, not
        >truetype like those used by windows users...
        >
        >could someone show me a sample of this font in jpg? or
        >a ttf version of it (if one exists)?

        Take a look at my Tengwar Fount Guide:
        http://m1.174.telia.com/~u17402402/tolkien/tengwar/
        (It needs heavy updating though.)

        By the way, if someone finaly has devised a good "the quick fox jumps over
        the lazy dog" type of sentence in elvish I could use to demonstrate the
        fonts I would be very thankful... :-) A short sentence in Quenya and one in
        Sindarin should suffice to make use of almost all the tengwar, but devising
        those two short sentences, and at the same time make them mean something
        meaningful seems to be easier said than done.

        Regards,
        Johan Winge
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
          teithant Johan Winge

          > Take a look at my Tengwar Fount Guide:
          > http://m1.174.telia.com/~u17402402/tolkien/tengwar/
          > (It needs heavy updating though.)

          thanks!! i have visited your page long ago (i think
          you have a pronounciation guide too) and i thought
          those strange fonts i remembered, might be Ivan's
          fonts i recently heard of, but i couldnt find your
          page again... :)))

        • Ivan A Derzhanski by way of Michael Eve
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
            I assume this is what is meant. The PostScript file can
            be converted to a BMP by GhostView, and that to a JPG by
            any of a number of image editors. --I.