Help!

  • jaali_5
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27 7:28 PM
      Hi ... Was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find number
      symbols like the tattoos the actors in the fellowship got? I need to
      find it for xmas so anyones help would be wonderful! Thanks =o)
    • John C. S.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28 6:37 AM
        There are number symbols in Tengwar, but the Fellowship actors actually used
        the English (http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-astin.htm) word for
        "nine" to tattoo on their ankles, it was not the numeral. They used the
        English tengwar lettering system that Tolkien did in his title page of Lord
        of the Rings. Good places to find the actual Quenya Elvish words for
        numbers are Helge Fauskanger's Quenya Course: http://www.ardalambion.com/ ,
        and a good place to find numeral Tengwar (they work for English as far as I
        know) is Dan Smith's site, which also has wonderful fonts that come with
        keymaps (they tell where each Tengwa is in relation to the key). Here is
        the URL: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/index.html . I do
        suggest you get a second opinion, I'm not an expert, but I actually have
        heard of this exact case before. There is someone else asking this question
        back in the messages of this group (somewhere around message 650 I
        thought..) I'm studying Quenya Elvish a little now, so if you need anything
        else, email me at ioannes33@... . Hope this helps!

        Sincerely,
        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28 2:32 PM
          teithant jaali_5

          > Hi ... Was wondering if anyone could tell me where I
          > could find number
          > symbols like the tattoos the actors in the
          > fellowship got? I need to
          > find it for xmas so anyones help would be wonderful!
          > Thanks =o)

          i think the tattoos had no numerical symbols: they
          just read "nine" in english tengwar

          i dfont have a pic of those tattoos but maybe someone
          else could help