Could I get some help with a translation?

  • arwentolove
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2002
      Hi,
      I'm getting a tatoo and I want to have the no 9 translated into
      tengwar. If thete's anyone who's willing to help me I would be
      forever grateful.

      /Arwen
    • DDanielA@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2002
        Teithant arwentolove:
        >I'm getting a tatoo and I want to have the no 9
        >translated into tengwar.

        If what you mean is that you want the Tengwar transcription for the
        numeral '9', you can find it at
        http://www.cathalan.de/Tengwar/DataTengwar/Tengwar-Numerals.htm , among
        other sites. You cannot translate something into a writing system, only
        into a language, and Tengwar is not a language!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2002
          teithant arwentolove

          > Hi,
          > I'm getting a tatoo and I want to have the no 9
          > translated into
          > tengwar. If thete's anyone who's willing to help me
          > I would be
          > forever grateful.

          you can see a numerals chart from the page of Dan
          Smith tengwar fonts (download the tengwar help files,
          doc etc eg.
          http://www.acondia.com/tengwar_fonts/tengq19d.zip)

          please contact me personally when you have it done :)))