Presentation

  • Juan M Gomez Doynel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2002
      Greetings to everyone!
      My name's Martin, 24 y o from Argentina, and of course, another guy crazy
      about Tolkien's mythology. I'm trying to learn the differents Elves Writing
      modes, and I 've found a lot of information about Quenya, Sindarin,
      Belieriand's Sindarin, the Balck Speech, and so on.

      However, despite I've found a lot about the writing modes, I couldn't find
      anything about translations. What I mean is, I don't want to know only the
      writing modes, but the languge

      Is there any dictionary to translate English or Spanish sentences to Quenya or Sindarin ?

      On message 565 Brook Conner said:

      Oh, and my inscription:

      Zowiyenen Anar lisse
      sila indonna yenyannar

      Because of Zooey, the sweet Sun
      shines on my soul and on my lifetime

      I'd like wich was the method to translate this

      Thanks for all ;)
      Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2002
        teithant Juan M Gomez Doynel

        > However, despite I've found a lot about the writing
        > modes, I couldn't find
        > anything about translations. What I mean is, I don't
        > want to know only the
        > writing modes, but the languge
        >
        > Is there any dictionary to translate English or
        > Spanish sentences to Quenya or Sindarin ?

        a dictionary is not everything.. you need to study the
        language.. visit www.ardalambion.com for start :)