Re: Could someone take a look at this

  • turin187
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2002
      Crap I didn't attach the file right. Well the same thing is in the
      Files section if someone can take a look and tell me if i wrote it
      correctly.
    • DDanielA@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2002
        I checked it out in the Files section. Though there's not really a
        standardised English tehta mode, there are a few good rules of thumb. My
        suggestions follow:

        > >"For by my wrath and rash deeds I cast shadow wherever I dwell."

        'by my' - On the title page,Tolkien wrote the word 'by' as umbar (#6) +
        long carrier with the chevron tehta. I would follow this attested
        example for the word 'by' in your inscription and use the same for the
        'y' in 'my' as well.

        'rash' / 'shadow' - The 'sh' in 'rash' and in 'shadow' should be written
        with harma (#11), not silme + hyarmen.

        'deeds' - For the 's' in 'deeds' it would be better to use the 's' hook
        attached to ando rather than use silme. For the 'ee', I would've
        followed Tolkien's example in 'seen' on the title page: two short
        carriers bearing the accent tehtar.

        'wherever' - The 'wh' in 'wherever' should be written with hwesta
        sindarinwa (#34), not vala + hyarmen. It would be better to represent
        the last 'e' in 'wherever' with the single under dot.

        'dwell' - I would've used the doubling bar inside the lambe to represent
        the 'll', but in the Sotheby letter Tolkien himself wrote the name
        'Rivendell' in English with tengwar and didn't double the lambe, so I
        guess its okay.

      • turin187
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2002
          Thanks man that helped alot. I made all the changes except for the
          "by" and "my" because I dont know what a chevron tehta is. If you get
          a chance could you clear it up for me?
        • StewartBerntson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2002
            not sure but I THINK it's a double curl..... and ^ is a chevron if
            that's what u were asking