Could someone take a look at this
- I'm not sure if I attached this right, but if I did then could someone tell me if i wrote this right. It's suppose to say "For by my wrath and rash deeds I cast a shadow where ever I dwell" in Tengwar.
- Crap I didn't attach the file right. Well the same thing is in the
Files section if someone can take a look and tell me if i wrote it
- I checked it out in the Files section. Though there's not really a
standardised English tehta mode, there are a few good rules of thumb. My
> >"For by my wrath and rash deeds I cast shadow wherever I dwell."'by my' - On the title page,Tolkien wrote the word 'by' as umbar (#6) +
long carrier with the chevron tehta. I would follow this attested
example for the word 'by' in your inscription and use the same for the
'y' in 'my' as well.
'rash' / 'shadow' - The 'sh' in 'rash' and in 'shadow' should be written
with harma (#11), not silme + hyarmen.
'deeds' - For the 's' in 'deeds' it would be better to use the 's' hook
attached to ando rather than use silme. For the 'ee', I would've
followed Tolkien's example in 'seen' on the title page: two short
carriers bearing the accent tehtar.
'wherever' - The 'wh' in 'wherever' should be written with hwesta
sindarinwa (#34), not vala + hyarmen. It would be better to represent
the last 'e' in 'wherever' with the single under dot.
'dwell' - I would've used the doubling bar inside the lambe to represent
the 'll', but in the Sotheby letter Tolkien himself wrote the name
'Rivendell' in English with tengwar and didn't double the lambe, so I
guess its okay.
Cuio mae, Danny.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Thanks man that helped alot. I made all the changes except for the
"by" and "my" because I dont know what a chevron tehta is. If you get
a chance could you clear it up for me?
- not sure but I THINK it's a double curl..... and ^ is a chevron if
that's what u were asking
--- In elfscript@y..., "turin187" <vze2mtzc@v...> wrote:
> Thanks man that helped alot. I made all the changes except for the
> "by" and "my" because I dont know what a chevron tehta is. If you
> a chance could you clear it up for me?