Re: [elfscript] noldo and anna

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 15, 2002
      Teithant Edouard Kloczko:
      >Whre did Tolkien write that the ñ sound was "short"
      >or "long" in Sindarin, I wonder? Not in any text
      >I read.

      In his brief notes concerning Sindarin pronunciation in "The Road Goes
      Ever On" Tolkien wrote that 'ng' (='ñ'), which can occur initially or
      finally, is pronounced like the 'ng' in English 'sing'. The 'ng' in
      'sing' is short. I think it's safe to assume that Tolkien meant what he
      wrote.

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • xeeniseit
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 19, 2002
        Are there any other persons who have designed their own tengwar mode so
        that every tengwar bears a tehtar? For esthetical reasons of personal
        taste, I've done so, and I'd like to change out opinions about problems
        coming up with such a mode.
        suilaid, alf