Re: noldo and anna

  • laurifindil
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 12, 2002
      --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
      > teithant xeeniseit
      >
      > > > possibly... this sound exist in final -ng (like in
      > > > anfang), and maybe in mutated g- (like in
      > > na-ngalad)
      > >
      > > this sound - which sound? An 'ñ' where we don't know
      > > whether it's long
      > > or short or a long 'ñ'?
      >
      > there is no long n~

      Whre did Tolkien write that the ñ sound was "short" or "long" in
      Sindarin, I wonder? Not in any text I read.
    • xeeniseit
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 19, 2002
        Are there any other persons who have designed their own tengwar mode so
        that every tengwar bears a tehtar? For esthetical reasons of personal
        taste, I've done so, and I'd like to change out opinions about problems
        coming up with such a mode.
        suilaid, alf