Re: [elfscript] hi

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2002
      teithant lenoxlh

      > I'm new here and I was wondering where I could find
      > what the elvish
      > 12 looks like. Thanks. Oh yea, I love LotR and my
      > fave is Pippin! YAY
      > HOBBITS!

      number 12 in elvish looks like the letter esse i think

    • Steph
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 16, 2005
        I just join on here, how do you write in elfvish? I so want to lrean
        since I can't really find much on it?ttyl steph
      • danieltumalad
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
          hi, are you kidding? there are tons of information on the net, just
          search in google "writing in elvish".

          well anyway, this got me started ->
          http://www.starchamber.com/paracelsus/elvish/elvish-in-ten-minutes.html

          IMHO, it's a good guide for beginners to start with even though the
          tengwar listing is missing a few things.

          here's a link to more elvish writing resources:
          http://www.geocities.com/tengwar2001/pubs.htm

          Goodluck,
          Daniel

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "danieltumalad"
            <danieltumalad@y...> wrote:

            > hi, are you kidding?

            Good point.

            > there are tons of information on the net

            The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return of the King,
            Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are secondary sources,
            in many cases not worth reading.

            Lucy
          • Steph
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
              thanks guys, that will get me started. oh and happy st. patty's day
              to ya from the little folk, now wheres my lucky chrams?
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
                > of the King,
                > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
                > secondary sources,
                > in many cases not worth reading.

                http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html

                http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at

                http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
                (highly recommended)

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                  > > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
                  > > of the King,
                  > > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
                  > > secondary sources,
                  > > in many cases not worth reading.
                  >
                  > http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html
                  >
                  > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at
                  >
                  > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
                  > (highly recommended)

                  Opening the Google.com search engine - entering _Tolkien's Writing
                  Systems_ - getting a result of 19,800 (nineteen thousand eight
                  hundred) results - if I take into account the run of the engine and
                  consider only 10% of these links, it's still 1,980 (one thousand nine
                  hundred and eighty) links. Do I need to continue my idea or you got
                  it? I simply won't propose to a BEGINNER to start on the net when
                  there is a PRIMERY source. If the beginner doesn't understand some
                  features after the study of the Appendix E (or/and other PRIMERY
                  sources), there are other steps: to ask here for help directly or to
                  ask/search for the links.
                  I like the sources you've mentioned above but they have been and will
                  be secondary sources.
                  Hope you got my point. :)
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                    Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
                    fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
                    refer to them

                    imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
                    but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
                    try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
                    the War began, and George was born'

                    i understand what you say about the links, however the
                    latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
                    presentable interpretation of the App. E

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                      > Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
                      > fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
                      > refer to them
                      >
                      > imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
                      > but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
                      > try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
                      > the War began, and George was born'
                      >
                      > i understand what you say about the links, however the
                      > latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
                      > presentable interpretation of the App. E

                      I know it's a bit complicated - and what in Tolkien's world isn't? :)
                      Answers no doubt follow after/while reading/studying it. But the
                      Appendix E is the best start if one wants to learn how to write in
                      Tengwar - you at least get used to the fact that it's not that
                      easy! :)

                      Lucy
                    • dorie-chabot689@iyugf.info
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
                        Hey John, it was really fun going out the other night and talking, while we were out you said that you felt insecure about your manhood, i noticed in the toilets you were quite small in that area : ) , but not to worry.. that website that i was telling you about is my secret weapon to an extra 3 in, trust me.. girls love bigger ones, i’ve had 5 times as many chicks since i used these pills a year ago. The package i used was the 6 month supply one, and its worth every cent and more.. the website is http://www.auhua.net/eisn
                        Ring me on the weekend and we will go out and drink again and let you know some more secrets : ).
                        Later dude, Brad