hi

  • lenoxlh
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2002
      I'm new here and I was wondering where I could find what the elvish
      12 looks like. Thanks. Oh yea, I love LotR and my fave is Pippin! YAY
      HOBBITS!

      -Lauren:)
      Keeper of Pippin's eyes and Merry's ears
      http://fellowship_place.tripod.com/thefellowshipsplace/
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2002
        teithant lenoxlh

        > I'm new here and I was wondering where I could find
        > what the elvish
        > 12 looks like. Thanks. Oh yea, I love LotR and my
        > fave is Pippin! YAY
        > HOBBITS!

        number 12 in elvish looks like the letter esse i think

      • Steph
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 16, 2005
          I just join on here, how do you write in elfvish? I so want to lrean
          since I can't really find much on it?ttyl steph
        • danieltumalad
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
            hi, are you kidding? there are tons of information on the net, just
            search in google "writing in elvish".

            well anyway, this got me started ->
            http://www.starchamber.com/paracelsus/elvish/elvish-in-ten-minutes.html

            IMHO, it's a good guide for beginners to start with even though the
            tengwar listing is missing a few things.

            here's a link to more elvish writing resources:
            http://www.geocities.com/tengwar2001/pubs.htm

            Goodluck,
            Daniel

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "danieltumalad"
              <danieltumalad@y...> wrote:

              > hi, are you kidding?

              Good point.

              > there are tons of information on the net

              The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return of the King,
              Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are secondary sources,
              in many cases not worth reading.

              Lucy
            • Steph
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                thanks guys, that will get me started. oh and happy st. patty's day
                to ya from the little folk, now wheres my lucky chrams?
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                  > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
                  > of the King,
                  > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
                  > secondary sources,
                  > in many cases not worth reading.

                  http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html

                  http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at

                  http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
                  (highly recommended)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                    > > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
                    > > of the King,
                    > > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
                    > > secondary sources,
                    > > in many cases not worth reading.
                    >
                    > http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html
                    >
                    > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at
                    >
                    > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
                    > (highly recommended)

                    Opening the Google.com search engine - entering _Tolkien's Writing
                    Systems_ - getting a result of 19,800 (nineteen thousand eight
                    hundred) results - if I take into account the run of the engine and
                    consider only 10% of these links, it's still 1,980 (one thousand nine
                    hundred and eighty) links. Do I need to continue my idea or you got
                    it? I simply won't propose to a BEGINNER to start on the net when
                    there is a PRIMERY source. If the beginner doesn't understand some
                    features after the study of the Appendix E (or/and other PRIMERY
                    sources), there are other steps: to ask here for help directly or to
                    ask/search for the links.
                    I like the sources you've mentioned above but they have been and will
                    be secondary sources.
                    Hope you got my point. :)
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                      Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
                      fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
                      refer to them

                      imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
                      but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
                      try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
                      the War began, and George was born'

                      i understand what you say about the links, however the
                      latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
                      presentable interpretation of the App. E

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                        > Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
                        > fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
                        > refer to them
                        >
                        > imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
                        > but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
                        > try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
                        > the War began, and George was born'
                        >
                        > i understand what you say about the links, however the
                        > latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
                        > presentable interpretation of the App. E

                        I know it's a bit complicated - and what in Tolkien's world isn't? :)
                        Answers no doubt follow after/while reading/studying it. But the
                        Appendix E is the best start if one wants to learn how to write in
                        Tengwar - you at least get used to the fact that it's not that
                        easy! :)

                        Lucy
                      • dorie-chabot689@iyugf.info
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 8 11:28 AM
                          Hey John, it was really fun going out the other night and talking, while we were out you said that you felt insecure about your manhood, i noticed in the toilets you were quite small in that area : ) , but not to worry.. that website that i was telling you about is my secret weapon to an extra 3 in, trust me.. girls love bigger ones, i’ve had 5 times as many chicks since i used these pills a year ago. The package i used was the 6 month supply one, and its worth every cent and more.. the website is http://www.auhua.net/eisn
                          Ring me on the weekend and we will go out and drink again and let you know some more secrets : ).
                          Later dude, Brad