Re: [elfscript] Re: is this translation right ?

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 17, 2002
      On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 08:57 AM, Petri Tikka wrote:

      > --- In elfscript@y..., "laurifindil" <ejk@f...> wrote:

      >> Internet is *not* the best place to look for reliable informations or
      >> studies on Tolkien's Languages. You should take time to read
      >> Tolkien's books.
      >
      > Are you implying that all the linguistic essays in the internet are
      > bad and should not be read?

      No, Edouard neither said nor implied that, as your own quote shows. He
      said that the Internet is not the _best_ resource. That is quite a
      different thing from your restatement. Edouard's advice, as _he_ stated
      it, is sound.
    • xeeniseit
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 19, 2002
        Are there any other persons who have designed their own tengwar mode so
        that every tengwar bears a tehtar? For esthetical reasons of personal
        taste, I've done so, and I'd like to change out opinions about problems
        coming up with such a mode.
        suilaid, alf