Re: [elfscript] Re: is this translation right ?

  • Marco "Vega" Trucillo
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 17 3:24 AM
      From: "laurifindil" <ejk@...>
      To: <elfscript@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 11:17 AM
      Subject: [elfscript] Re: is this translation right ?

      >> nai taracúne tiruval ar varyuval tielyanna nu vilya
      >>
      >> with tengwar:
      >>
      >> 5lÝ 1Ý7Ýa~M5$ 1T7UyÝj `ß6 yÝ7ÍUyÝj 1T`Vj´Ý5"Ü 5& yTj´Ý
      >>
      >> It is right ?

      >Unfortunately I'm quite unable to "read" 5lÝ 1Ý7Ýa~M5$ 1T7UyÝj `ß6
      >yÝ7ÍUyÝj 1T`Vj´Ý5"Ü 5& yTj´Ý. ;-)
      >What font are you using?

      I'm using TengwarQuenya of Dan Smith.

      > You should better spell your text using the full-names of the tengwar.

      numen yanta+a

      tinco+a romen+a calma long-carrier+u numen+e

      tinco+i romen+u vala+a +lambe

      short-carrier+a ore

      vala+a romen+2under-dots+u vala+a lambe

      tinco+i short-carrier+e lambe+2dots+a numen+underbar+a

      numen+u

      vala+i lambe+2dots+a

      > And futhermore, you pharse is *not* Quenya.
      i know that taracúne is not quenya... it should be sindarin, but it's is a
      proper noun in this case.
      When i write a sindarin proper name in a quenya sentence, how should i write
      it ? In quenya
      mode or in sindarin mode ?
      I dont' know quenya & sindarin and i know that Elfscript isn't dedicated to
      lenguages...
      Is there someone who can tell me (also in private) if it is grammatically
      correct?

      Excuse me for my OT and for my bad-english

      Thanks
      Marco
    • xeeniseit
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 19, 2002
        Are there any other persons who have designed their own tengwar mode so
        that every tengwar bears a tehtar? For esthetical reasons of personal
        taste, I've done so, and I'd like to change out opinions about problems
        coming up with such a mode.
        suilaid, alf