Re: [elfscript] is this translation right ?

  • Marco "Vega" Trucillo
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 16, 2002
      From: "Gildor Inglorion" <elfiness@...>
      To: <elfscript@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 11:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [elfscript] is this translation right ?

      > right.. although i dont undestand taracune and aryuva
      > in Quenya

      This phrase will be engraved in a longbow.
      Taracúne is the name of longbow and should mean "mighty bow".

      aryuval is a my error! The correct phrase is

      nai taracúne tiruval ar varyuval tielyanna nu vilya

      with tengwar:

      5lÝ 1Ý7Ýa~M5$ 1T7UyÝj `ß6 yÝ7ÍUyÝj 1T`Vj´Ý5"Ü 5& yTj´Ý

      It is right ?

      Thanks
      Marco

    • xeeniseit
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 19, 2002
        Are there any other persons who have designed their own tengwar mode so
        that every tengwar bears a tehtar? For esthetical reasons of personal
        taste, I've done so, and I'd like to change out opinions about problems
        coming up with such a mode.
        suilaid, alf