Hmmm... Newbie needs help

  • wsjb78
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm new on this board and I have tried to search for what I'm looking... pr=
      oblem is I have not found an answer (this might well be because I was using =
      the wrong keywords). I'm not of an English speaking background so I'm not 10=
      0% sure whether my terminology is correct.

      A friend of mine is a goldsmith and I'd like her to create The One Ring for=
      me... but what I need is the wording of that inscription.

      The font is Angerthas (I think) and the language used is Barad-Dûr. Right?

      What is the translation of:

      One ring to to rule them all
      One ring to bring them
      One ring to find them all
      And in the darkness bind them

      into Barad-Dûr?

      I mean I could just use the English wording combined with the Angerthas fon=
      t but it wouldn't be correct.

      Anyone can help me on this?
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
        teithant wsjb78

        > The font is Angerthas (I think) and the language
        > used is Barad-Dϋr. Right?

        the font is Tengwar adn the language of Barad-Dur is
        called Black Speech

        > What is the translation of:
        >
        > One ring to to rule them all
        > One ring to bring them
        > One ring to find them all
        > And in the darkness bind them
        >
        > into Barad-Dϋr?
        >
        > I mean I could just use the English wording combined
        > with the Angerthas fon=
        > t but it wouldn't be correct.
        >
        > Anyone can help me on this?

        the above verse in Black Speech AND it's tengwar
        transcription are in the Fellowship of the Ring book..
        the inscription you intend to copy is in the chapter
        "shadows of the past"

      • the_alpha_duck
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
          I doubt you would want to wear this ring though. ;)