Re: [elfscript] learning questions

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2002
      teithant LATINA_123

      > The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings really inspired me
      > to learn
      > about middle earth. I really want to learn the
      > Tengwar language
      > but I don't know where to start. I visited some

      tengwar is the writing system for writing Quenya and
      Sindarin (elvish).. this mailing list is devoted to
      the writing systems..if you are interested in the
      languages themselves (grammar, vocabulary) you can
      refer to the Elfling mailing list too

      > websites but I
      > would like to know which ones are the most helpfull
      > and if there
      > are any books that I can get that explain and teach
      > the Tengwar. I
      > would really appreciate your help.

      hem.passagen.se/mansb/at is a good theoretic site
      analyzingsome Tengwar modes.. please follow its links
      (especially "tengwar primers" with practical guides)